[NTLK] Using Newtons Daily?

Jon Hellinga jon at hellingas.net
Tue Oct 5 13:24:25 PDT 2021

Mark Kuberski’s message today in regards to him reading the Bible into his notes section was pretty awesome, I just wanted to share how I use mine.

I own an IT shop and computer store and have gathered quite a collection of old Mac and Apple products, it’s almost museum like in my office. I have an old Power Mac G3 that I turn on and plug my Emate into it and sync it to a folder. From there, I turn on the “web server” for the G3 which has ethernet, go to the IP address on my regular mac, pull open the text file (copy and paste) and sync work notes to my Apple notes. It’s nice that I can look back and see what I have done for customers and remember to bill people!

Although the process is cumbersome at the end of the day, it is nice to type notes without distraction on the eMate.

I also put Quicken on there and keep track of “fun money” on it, but that isn’t a daily occurrence like the notes.

Jon