[NTLK] Worldwide Online Newton Conference 2021 - UPDATE #3

Pawel Piotrowski newton at indigi.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 09:41:09 PDT 2021

Hello Newtonians!

I do not like to give up so I will try again.

After chat with Noah, we decided that we would try to organize a conference this year. The idea is one to use the time between Christmas and New Year. Many people take leave in this time, so we thought that the conference could go.

The proposed terms are: two days between 27-29 December (16:00 UTC) or two days between 3-5 January (16:00 UTC). And now the question to you: Which of these days would be better? Here you have simple voting system: https://xoyondo.com/dp/AFGrSKbfXRqHp4H <https://xoyondo.com/dp/AFGrSKbfXRqHp4H> That should give us idea what time will be better.
If someone have better solution - as always, please write here, on NewtonTalk.

PRESENTATIONS

We have not contacted anyone on this moment. That's why we have an appeal: We need presenters! Any subject (however, related to Newton). It does not have to be a rocket science - every interesting topic will be welcome. For example, if you have something unique in your collection or would like to tell anything about Newton or about your adventure with Newton.
Personally, we count on people who had presentations last year. If you would like to prepare something this year, please contact us. However, I would like to invite others to prepare a presentation. I know there are many people here who have amazing specimens in their collections and have amazing stories to tell. It would be amazing if you could prepare even a very short presentation.
It would also be great to organize some practical workshops, software demonstrations, Q&A sessions, etc. If someone has an idea for something like that, please contact us or write here.

CONFERENCE PLATFORM

Zoom turned out to be a good platform last year, so and this year we want to apply it. All presentations and other sessions will be recorded and they will be placed on our YT channel.

SUPPORT

There are not many costs related to the preparation of the conference, but there are certain technical things to pay (web domain, hosting server, paid zoom account, etc.). If anyone wants to support our project, can do it to paying donation to the PayPal account (please add WONC 2021): indigi at icloud.com <mailto:indigi at icloud.com>
One person has already paid a small amount some time ago, for which I thank you very much :)

ANY OTHER IDEAS?

If you have any other ideas, questions - write here or contact us directly using the email.

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)