[NTLK] [ANN] Newton FAQ - May 15th, 2021 Update

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sat May 15 15:58:12 PDT 2021

On 5/15/2021 5:53 PM, Doug wrote:
>> Thanks, Sylvain.
>>
>> It?s slowly getting back into shape after years sitting on the couch.
>>
>> g.
>
> I hate it when FAQs sit on the couch for years.
>
> Doug

Indeed unless it was Couch Fire.  Do any of you remember that?

https://the-gadgeteer.com/1998/08/14/couch_fire_review/

I always wanted to and almost did, then, if I remember right, they stopped support as I was about to.  I always thought it was one of the slickest ideas, perfectly fitting the Newton.  Of course now we have everything on our phones.  But still I always loved the design, and I think I would still use my Newton for this if it were possible.  Too bad they never released how the packages were made.  I suspect they had a custom automated system that grabbed all the data then built the packages depending what channels the customer had.  I think of what else could have been done with the system if it had ever been released.

-Dan