[NTLK] New and Improved eMate 300 (Courtesy of PCBman)

Jim C. guardsix6 at gmail.com
Sat May 15 12:56:06 PDT 2021

I just got my eMate 300 back from PCBman and let me tell you, it’s better than new!  He did a great job of bringing my eMate back to life after it died on me not too long after I just had the hinges fixed.

Apparently, there was some kind of short going on with the power supply. PCBman fixed that problem, but then ran into some of the electronics burning up, literally! I guess it was a capacitor or something near the battery connector that just flat burnt out, but PCBman fixed that also.

Then, after he got the eMate running again, he inserted a daughter card that doubled the memory; instead of 2MB, I’ve now got 4MB on my eMate 300! That’s apparently a one-of-a-kind daughter card built by PCBman and he just gave it to me! I am so shocked and thrilled.

So a big thanks to PCBman. It’s really great to be part of a group that has professional people willing to get involved and help everyone out.

Jim Chapman
Guardsix6 at gmail.com <mailto:guardsix6 at gmail.com>