[NTLK] Where can X-Port 2.1 for NewtPaint be obtained? (MessagePad 130)

Grant Hutchinson newtontalkmessages at gmail.com
Mon May 10 21:43:32 PDT 2021

So, I heard back from Dan today ...

Basically, he’s very interested in helping us out. He figures he still has all the source code for the ICS applications stashed away “... in a huge box in my hot garage”, but there may be a few issues with distributing parts of the original code due to third-party libraries, etc.

However, he did say this ...

“Perhaps most useful in the short term would be dredging up our registration code generator. This was a fairly simple HyperCard script (actually, it was probably SuperCard) that did a little simple math to hash a username into a code. It wasn’t very sophisticated at all, and I don’t think I went to much trouble to obfuscate the code that validated it in the apps, so it might be possible to just look at the code in ViewFrame (took me a minute to remember THAT name!) and figure it out.  Folks certainly have my blessing to do that if they like, and if I can find the generator code I’ll happily share it ...”

Stay tuned.

g.