[NTLK] eMate 300 Repair Question - Washers vs New Spring?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon May 10 05:08:43 PDT 2021

Hi Folks,

I think I’m almost ready to attempt the hinge repair on my eMate. I have all tools I need — except for what is necessary for assembling a new spring — so I have been considering using a washer instead. I have a box of 600 or so steel washers here, and even though I understand that changing the spring is the better option, I wonder if a nice washer wouldn’t just do the trick.

I’m trying to gauge your opinions on it, have you seen an eMate display cable break even when a repair was made with a washer?

Kind regards
Andre