[NTLK] Messagepad 2100 Rechargeable Batteries

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Thu Mar 25 12:59:01 PDT 2021

As I said in the previous thread, Enloop is about the best.  If you do a search in the archives you will find that general recommendation.  I have also had good luck with Energizer and Duracell.  One trick though, get "Nick's Soft Charge" and install it on your 2100.

It adds a battery preference where you can set what kind of batteries you are using.  This makes the battery bar/meter more accurate.  Of course you still can't charge the batteries in the Newton, but I prefer to do separate charging anyway.  Also you don't have to wait for the Newton to charge.  Get two sets and swap them, then you always have a fresh set handy the instant you need them.

-Dan