[NTLK] New Ten

Alan Grassia alan.grassia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:46:30 PDT 2021

Hello David and Newton Friends,

I was able to use NewTen 1.5.1 using the link provided by Grant to install two separate apps on my MessagePad 2100.

I installed the first app from my late 2015 Intel iMac  running macOS Big Sur 11.2.3.  The second app was installed from my 2020 M1 MacBook Pro, also running macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 thanks to Rosetta 2.

Cheers,
Alan

----
MessagePad 2000
MessagePad 2100

On 3/24/21, 1:30 PM, "NewtonTalk on behalf of Grant Hutchinson" <newtontalk-bounces at newtontalk.net on behalf of grant at splorp.com> wrote:

    > On Mar 23, 2021, at 2:13 PM, David Lairson <d_lairson at hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > Has anyone tried building newten under Catalina or Big Sur? I was going through some old files on a hard drive and I found a copy of the source code with the Xcode project files in it. I don’t know enough about Xcode to give it a serious try. Is it even worth giving it a shot?

    Steven Frank pops in here once in a while, he’d be the best person to answer this.

    Steve “Pablo Marx” White has a (slightly) more recent fork of the code available on GitHub.

    https://github.com/pablomarx/NewTen

    I can confirm that it runs under High Sierra at least.

    g.