[NTLK] [OT] (Paper or tablet) and memory retention

Gene Beaird bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 23 14:51:49 PDT 2021

Since I no longer _have_ to remember much at work, personally, typing onto notepad or textedit works fine these days.  When I was in school, the way I’d study for exams was to go to school after hours, invade a classroom, and continually write my notes/assumed answers to test questions on the chalk board.  I found that process helped me retain much of what I needed for exams.  It seemed to be a time-consuming, but successful method.

With many electronic solutions, while you may be thinking through what you’re writing, you’re also focused on the technology.  Did I save that correctly?  Did the machine interpret my handwriting correctly?  It didn’t?  I gotta fix that line!  Etc.

Regards,

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas