[NTLK] [OT] (Paper or tablet) and memory retention

Steven Frank stevenf at panic.com
Mon Mar 22 13:10:21 PDT 2021

Although this isn't the first time I've read an article about handwriting being better for retention than typed notetaking (which I agree with), it _is_ the first time I've seen one that says pen & paper beats stylus & tablet.

Their observation that this may be because each digital "page" occupies the same physical space as the previous (or worse, that digital pages can be infinitely long) is quite interesting to me.

Steven