[NTLK] eMate spring repair

DXH dxh at woh.rr.com
Fri Mar 19 15:35:49 PDT 2021

Hi Frank,

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 19, 2021, at 2:33 PM, NewtonTalk <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
>

> Very well done! Would be cool if we could find someone who
> can fabricate a small batch for a reasonable price.
I might be able to help with that...

> a) While fabricating the spring, things will be easier and safer if you
> securely fasten the drill in the vice prior to the step where you're using
> the awl to keep the loop from collapsing.
Certainly looks that way but the reality is it is easier to hold everything together in your hand. The drill is securely held by the pressure of the wire as it is fastened under the washer. Believe me, I have investigated various ways to do it. Everyone will have their own spin on how to do it but thanks for the suggestion.

> b) I'd recommend greasing the new spring BEFORE putting the shaft in. Not
> only will this make it much easier to put the shaft back in, but it'll also
> ensure there's a thin layer of grease between the spring and the shaft.
> If you grease the spring when it's already ON the shaft, you will no longer
> be able to reach the most crucial area.
Yes, that would be fine.

PCBman

Sent from my iPad