[NTLK] eMate spring repair

L.W. Brown lwb at mac.com
Fri Mar 19 12:18:41 PDT 2021

After seeing those (marvelous) photos, would be simpler, yet still ”safe & effective" to
1- wrap wire around the 2 legs of the original spring so there’s less give for them to pop apart,
and then – after they’re somewhat stabilized –
2- put in a washer or other type of metal, esp. if it had crimps to help keep the legs from splaying out…

Also: how easy is it to strip out whatever that screw goes into? I’ve stripped far too much older plastic!