[NTLK] Einstein on M1

Ionos: robowerk.de m.melcher at robowerk.de
Mon Mar 15 12:18:17 PDT 2021

On 3/15/2021 6:19 PM, Steven Frank via NewtonTalk wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> So I built the latest and greatest Einstein for Apple's new M1 chip and, um, if I'm reading this correctly, it appears to run _7x_ faster than on Intel...  Over 53,000 loop iterations/sec in NewtTest.

Thanks, Steven, for testing this with an M1 build. 53'000k is amazing! I
do get 28'000, 29'000 and 32'000 on my Microsoft Surface Pro though with
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz/1.50 GHz, for emulated Linux,
emulated MacOS, and Windows 10 Pro, respectively.

A stock MP2x00 has 11'000 iterations.

  - Matthias