[NTLK] "Poof" bitmaps from ROM

Ionos: robowerk.de m.melcher at robowerk.de
Wed Mar 10 03:51:03 PST 2021

On 3/10/2021 1:28 AM, Steven Frank via NewtonTalk wrote:
> Pablo Marx wrote a utility many years ago that could extract bitmap images from a Newton ROM:
>
> https://github.com/pablomarx/ROM-Soup <https://github.com/pablomarx/ROM-Soup>
>
> But I can't get it to build and run on my 64-bit Mac.

Yes, MacOS no longer allows to build 32 bit apps or run 32 bit apps
since Catalina. ROM Soup uses, among other things, a 32 bit version of
NEWT/0. My 64 bit port is useless here, but Paul's port may work.

Even on an older laptop, I could not get ROM Soup to compile or run
anymore. Does anyone else use it?