[NTLK] My New eMate 300 - Hinge Fix!!!!

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 6 14:04:04 PST 2021

Jim:

In my admittedly limited work experience with the Newton’s innards, I can tell you that the broken post (in your picture) that holds its spring is pretty fragile. I have a MP2100 that is now a parts machine because it broke off. Nothing can fix it—I tried super (or krazy) glue, there is too much stress on it for such a repair to hold up for very long.

I recognize that there are many things that each of us truly shine at doing, and for many, electronics repair is not amongst those. I will say that it is MUCH wiser to admit you can’t repair something than to go ahead and prove your instincts correct.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 11