[NTLK] MessagePad 2100 Repair Needed

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Mon Jun 7 05:21:37 PDT 2021

> It seems that I bent a number of pins in one of the PCMCIA card slots.
> I am guessing this is not fixable and a replacement logic board is
required. I have a beater MP 2000 to be the LB donor.

Everything that can be bent can normally be bent back unless it's broken
off. If you remove the mainboard, which isn't all that difficult, you can
access all pins quite easily with a pair of tweezers. Since there's nothing
you can lose, why not give it a try!

Disassembly instructions are here:

    http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html

If it can't be fixed and you have a little Indiana Jones in you, you could
cut and unsolder the pins separately, and I could provide you with a
complete card holder you can solder on afterwards.

Good luck!

Frank