[NTLK] Rip off potential on eBay for flash cards

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Thu Jul 29 10:48:02 PDT 2021

One thing I wish to add, Pawel is correct in everything he said.  While one would think they 'should' but when you get them, they don't.  And larger size cards are even more difficult to find.  Kingston made a few based on Intel that did work.  I would have to check my records for the model numbers.

But back to what I wanted to add: the reason why the ATA driver exists is because it is difficult to find Linear cards that work in the Newton that were not used in routers etc.  Years ago they were difficult to find and expensive when you did, hence the ATA driver was made to utilize cheap and plentiful ATA cards.

The only type of card that always works in a newton is the SRAM cards.  And they are much smaller capacity and usually even more expensive.

-Dan