[NTLK] Getting email working on MP2100 using SimpleMail

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Sun Jul 25 14:00:16 PDT 2021

Hi Michael,

On the server hosting my site (message-pad.net) I can create as many mailboxes as I want, these mailboxes, although modern and also accessible online, are also compatible with the Newtons using MailV, either in POP or IMAP, but I have not tested with simpleMail (I would have to do the test.) Several members of the list already have a mailbox on this server.  If you wish I can create one for you, in this case we'll just have to continue this discussion in private for privacy reasons...
I forgot, I offer this service for NewtonTalk members of course.
The only thing I ask to validate your email address is to send me a mail from your Newton (once the Newton is configured for the message-pad.net server) The email address will be of the type Your.Name at message-pad.net (you can choose the YourName you want, if it is not already taken.) I can of course help you to configure your Newton, I have a guide that is already ready for that

> Le 25 juil. 2021 à 20:06, Michael Rebar <michael.rebar at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Anyone have any luck? Which email service works still with Newton level devices?
>
> Michael Rebar

Sylvain Pilet

http://message-pad.net
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 [NPDS Tracker]