[NTLK] FS/Trade - Newton Serial cable for PC's - looking for Mac version

Michael Homscheidt Michael.Homscheidt at web.de
Wed Jul 21 12:45:06 PDT 2021

Once there was a page called „Löten am Mac“ („Solder your Mac“(?) ) which explained somewhere how to solder serial cables. I found a downloadable  archive here (https://www.applefritter.com/node/15727). I can extract the HQX file to a executable. Löten am Mac came as a standalone program. But without a classic Mac OS or classic environment under one of the first Mac OS X version I can’t start it. You should be able to run the application on your SE/30.
Or maybe this site helps: https://jneuhaus.com/applserl.html (also with some references to the Newton)

If you don’t want to solder you could maybe use these links:

https://www.kraydad.com/apple-mac-serial-device-cable-8-pin-mini-din-male-male-10-ft/
https://www.cablestogo.com/category/pc/pc-serial/8pin-minidin-serial-cables

Viele Grüße / Kind regards
Michael Homscheidt