[NTLK] [ADMIN] Happy New Year! Happy New Server!

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 15 11:00:32 PST 2021

Vladislav:

Feel free to jump in with your thoughts; if this were a private conversation it would not be on here.

A caution: One of the guiding principles here on NewtonTalk is—no PC vs Mac discussion. While I’m certain that this was meant for the 90s/00s when such talk was actually a heated discussion and not today (when we have much better things to argue and fight about! ;-) ), it still is worth consideration. There are people that LOVE Windows, and good for them—I am not among them. (Or, as the TV show “Seinfeld” once said, “Not that there’s anything wrong with that.”)

The heart of this discussion initially was how Macs (and MacOS and Apple) have changed, to the point where the (IMHO) dreaded Windows machine is actually a better alternative. Still, I’d love to hear other’s thoughts on what machine they prefer and how, like Vladislav, you’ve managed to modify it to do what you want.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 11