[NTLK] eMate 300 charger

Ionos: robowerk.de m.melcher at robowerk.de
Fri Feb 26 06:48:36 PST 2021

Yes, this would work quite nicely with a USB-C port that has more than
enough power to run and charge the MessagePad, and it would also
transfer data to the modem port or serial port.

But with the knowledge that a malfunctioning power module on this port
would instantly destroy the Newton, nobody was brave enough to develop
such a thing... .

BTW: in the documentation, the value of the resistor that indicates
external charging is wrong. Using it may also destroy the Newton... .
Just saying.

  - Matthias