[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 86, Issue 13

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Mon Feb 15 02:26:25 PST 2021

@Mark, @Pawel,

This is a little more complicated than the need to have a Newton-compatible email address.
The reason is that currently (but Matthias could certainly talk about it in a more technical way), the part that manages network access in Einstein is not 100% functional. To put it simply, as long as we receive data via the network, everything is fine because if the flow is too long, the data is truncated (for example on NewtScape, the whole content of the pages is not correctly loaded...), but as soon as we have to send data (like sending an email for example), it gets even more stuck.

@Pawel
If you need a compatible email address, you can create one on (any-name-you-want)@message-pad.net I've already done this for several users of the NewtonTalk list, because there is a problem with compatibility problems with the NewtonCity mail server...

> I think it is possible. I will test it, but I need Newton friendly email. I’ve asked Marisa to help with this :)
>

>> Is it possible to use Simple Mail from Einstein?  I would like to see if I can send Notes via this interface.

Sylvain Pilet

http://message-pad.net
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 [NPDS Tracker]