[NTLK] PCMCIA for the brave... and Newton NeXTGen…

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Wed Feb 10 21:59:13 PST 2021

Matthias,

Wow ça c’est génial ! :-)
(Wow this is great!)

It will become urgent to find a good replacement to be able to use Einstein on a device that gives us as much pleasure as with the original Newtons.

My dream would have been to have a "Newton NeXTGen" made with an ink screen, much less tiring for the eyes, and so much more readable than all LCDs, whether led or not. With also a huge battery life, but with a much better ergonomics than all the e-Readers on the market today.

For a while I had been thinking about setting up a "Newton NextGen" project, all together, which we would have tried to finance with a participative fundraising campaign. But that would require a lot of engineering work, which I don't know how to do.

But the idea remains open...

> Here is your Extras folder
>
> http://messagepad.org/2mb.png

Sylvain Pilet