[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 86, Issue 8

Mark Kuberski berskyboy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:57:49 PST 2021

Hi Matthias,

I’ve been trying to get my Newton 2000 connected to BasiliskII to export the contents of my PCMICIA Data Card.  The real “gem” is my Notes (500+) that I would like to get into Einstein.  I’m able to connect to the NCX via the serial to USB on my computer.  But when I open the BasilliskII the only connection I can make is the Einstein Newton not the physical one.  I think it might have something to do with my .basillsk_ii_prefs?  How do I connect to a usb/serial in the Basillisk environment?

Here’s my pref file:

rom /Users/markkuberski/Einstein/Preforma.rom
disk /Users/markkuberski/Einstein/macos755.dsk
disk /Users/markkuberski/Einstein/newt_devel1.1.dsk
extfs /Users/markkuberski/Einstein/Disk
screen win/1024/800
#seriala
seriala tcp:3679
ramsize 67108864
displaycolordepth 0
serialb /dev/null
#serialb
udptunnel false
udpport 6066
bootdrive 0
bootdriver 0
frameskip 6
modelid 5
cpu 3
fpu false
nocdrom false
nosound false
noclipconversion false
nogui false
jit false
jitfpu false
jitdebug false
jitcachesize 0
jitlazyflush false
jitinline false
keyboardtype 5
keycodes false
mousewheelmode 0
mousewheellines 0
hotkey 0
scale_nearest false
scale_integer false
yearofs 0
dayofs 0
idlewait false

Looking forward to your work on getting virtual PCMCIA cards.  This would allow me to use my Einstein Newton for more notes and more things, expanding it greatly.  Very happy with you dedication.

thanks
Mark