[NTLK] First Newton

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:52:13 PST 2021

Today a friend of mine sent me a special tracking number.

The very first Newton that I ever had, and which started it all, I received around 1997. I purchased it from a college professor (not my professor, since I was in high school or junior high, my memory is a bit foggy) for $15 (to this day I have no clue why he sold it so cheap). He had listed it in the Playstation games section of the local (paper) classifieds. I couldn’t drive yet, so my dad had to drive me out to pick it up in Calgary, where we lived. I used to play games and attempt to write on it long into the night (with a good reading light, since it didn’t have a backlight). We didn’t have internet at the time so I would have to download packages at my grandmother’s house over 14.4 dialup.

I later gave the Newton, an OMP, to a friend, who just recently found it in a box. He’s sending it back to me.

That got me thinking, does anyone else have a special Newton that got them “hooked”?