[NTLK] Newton Security Risk (was Duracell)

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 04:31:50 PDT 2021

> The sad thing is there won't ever be anything like the Newton again with apps able to share everything.  Too much of a security risk these days.

Hi Dan,

While I don’t disagree with you, I frequently work with another soup-like data model, WordPress, where it is mostly just a big database, and you can add functionality and share information just with a few lines of code, and modify any part of the experience with plugins. I know WordPress is not very secure if you are not careful, but it makes me think that if Newton OS had survived at Apple it would have developed security over time that was similar to how WordPress has. Perhaps not as secure as the current apple devices, but a much nicer experience.