[NTLK] Potential hardware for Einstein: PineNote

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Aug 16 02:06:59 PDT 2021

Hi Folks,

I don’t post here often, I’m mostly a lurker, but I have seen some news yesterday that I think should make a lot of people here happy. Pine64 is a company that ships ARM based open-hardware devices. They have been on the market for a long time and are well regarded by the maker and FOSS community. Some people here might be aware of them since their PineBook and PinePhone got a lot of press. Well, they are about to release the PineNote which is an eInk device with a digitiser, very similar to the reMarkable in form and function. The good news is that it is going to be open and run Linux, just like all their other devices, so in theory one could assemble a small Linux distro that does nothing but launch Einstein full-screen and be happy with a new Newton-like device.

They posted about it on their blog: https://www.pine64.org/2021/08/15/introducing-the-pinenote/ <https://www.pine64.org/2021/08/15/introducing-the-pinenote/>

It is a small note, and there are some videos floating around. I expect the pre-orders for early adopters to open soon. I think this would be a fantastic platform for running Einstein.

Best
Andre