[NTLK] Newton programming info for MacOS?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu Apr 15 04:18:23 PDT 2021

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 3:57 AM Sylvain Pilet <sylvain at pilet.net> wrote:

> > Le 15 avr. 2021 à 04:50, Marisa Giancarla via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net> a écrit :
> >
> > Getting ready for my MacSE/30 OS7.5 to arrive, can anyone point me to the Newton developer tools for MacOS? Do I already have it in the UNNA archive?
> >
> You could use the file in the development folder on BasiliskII which are on Unna.  The NewtonDev.sit file, there is everything you need.
> http://www.unna.org/view.php?/development/NewtonDev

If you haven't already found it, I'd suggest the Programming for the
Newton Using Macintosh book, also on UNNA:

<http://www.unna.org/unna/development/documentation/ProgNewtUsingMac.zip>

Plus, the following official documentation:

- The NewtonScript Programming Language
<https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1508/en_US/NewtonScriptProgramLanguage.PDF>
- Newton Programmer's Guide
<https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1510/en_US/NewtonProgrammerGuide20.PDF>
- Newton Programmer's Guide: 2.1 OS Addendum
<http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/developer/ProgrammersGuideOS2.1Addenum.pdf>
- Newton Programmer's Reference
<https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1509/en_US/NewtonProgrammerRef20.PDF>

These and many other resources are linked from NewtonScript.org.

--
Morgan
---