[NTLK] Newton Toolkit version: 1.6.4GM

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Apr 9 08:16:51 PDT 2021

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 11:04 AM Pawel Piotrowski <newton at indigi.co.uk> wrote:

> > On 9 Apr 2021, at 15:27, Morgan Aldridge <morgant at makkintosshu.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 6:18 AM Sylvain Pilet <sylvain at pilet.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> In my long list of things to do, I have the French localization of many Newton applications and utilities.
> >> Here I wanted to look at the source code of Hiroshi's Wifi driver, WaveLAN, which he kindly made available to everyone. To my great surprise, when I launch the "LucentWaveLAN" file on my Mac/Newton development configuration, it asks me for Newton Toolkit version 1.6.4GM, did you know this version that Hiroshi was using?
> >> What would be the differences with Newton Toolkit version 1.6.4?
> >
> > I'm just guessing here and haven't tried installing from scratch yet,
> > but could 1.6.4GM be the original version of 1.6.4 where most of us
> > are running 1.6.4b3? See
> > <http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/development/NTK/macntk>.
>
> I think the ‘GM’ is 'Golden Master’.

Correct.

> How I can check if my version is 1.6.4b3 or not?

That's a good question. I haven't tried downloading 1.6.4b3 from UNNA
and installing it in BasiliskII to see if Finder or the NTK about
window show that it's beta 3 or not.

I am running the NewtonDev image
(<http://www.unna.org/unna/development/NewtonDev>) in BasiliskII and
both Finder and NTK just say 1.6.4. I thought it had beta 3 installed,
but looking at the README again, it says "NTK 1.6.4 with additions by
Tactile Systems and Lunatech." I'm not sure exactly what that means or
what the additions are.

--
Morgan
---