[NTLK] Help needed! All you need is a Newton in a network and a PC/Mac...
mm at matthiasm.com
Mon Jan 14 11:43:02 EST 2013
in order to get the Network emulation layer for Einstein going, I need someone who has a Newton that can go on a network using DHCP, and who could run a test for me. I need to sniff out the DHCP protocol. My emulated packages are never accepted.
You need a MessagePad 2x00, a network card (wired or wireless), a router, and a PC with Wireshark installed (it's free and easy to install) or a Mac (it's free and tough to install) on the same network.
These are the step you'd need to do:
- prepare you Newton to go online, for example with "Courier"
- go all the way, but don't tap "Connect" yet in the connection slip
- launch Wireshark
- in the filter field, enter "udp.port == 67"
- start a new live capture (third icon in the toolbar)
- once Wireshark starts scanning, tap "Connect" on the MP
- within a minute, four colored lines should show up in the Wireshark log window
that is the Newton DHCP exchange that I need so badly
- in Wireshark
- click on "Stop the Capture"
- select "Save As..." and store the captured data somewhere
The last saved file, that is the one that I need, plus a description of your network settings.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I will send you an Einstein version for FREE ;-)
More information about the NewtonTalk